Saturday, October 16, 2010

In Bruges

Ok so we knew nothing about Bruges which was our first mistake.
After nearly being run off the road by
the crazy drivers we found a hostel
to stay at as the weather had turned. In the hostel they had a city guide for young people that had things to see and do.There was a quote from the movie 'In Bruges' (which neither of us had seen) "if I grew up on a farm, and I was retarded Bruges might Impress me. But I didn't, so it doesn't." I thought this was quite strange especially in a book for tourists, but after two nights in the city I tend to agree. Bruges didn't do it for us because it didn't seem real. I kept expecting to see something cool or quirky but all we found was one big tourist trap.
We didn't hate Bruges, it was very beautiful, but If you want to visit a city built on tourism I'd go to Prague least the beer is cheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment