Saturday, October 9, 2010

Netherlands


Riding in the Netherlands is paradisio!
We bought our first cycling book and it has made navigating to Amsterdam a dream. Up till now we've been using a combination of free tourist maps and regular country maps, the latter never seeming to have adequate detail or be able to be folded up again.
On our second day in the Netherlands we woke to a dense fog, it made riding along the canals that were cloaked in mist a surreal experience.

There were little towns dotting our route one in particular had a whole fleet of rickety wooden fishing boats moored next to the town square.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying your updates. So jealous of you guys right about now...
    This might sound weird, but every time I commute to the city on the motorway I ride over those road joining metal bits, think of Marcus, and hope I don't shred my tyres.
    Good luck for the rest of the ride.
    Jono

    ReplyDelete