Monday, September 13, 2010

Get high on the mountains

These are photos from the top of Untersberg 1972m. We took the cable car up and the view was amazing as the alps peaked through the clouds and then totally disappeared. The temprature was a chilly 6 degrees.
After that experience I had a hankering for some mountain climbing of my own. So all prepared for alpine conditions in a tee shirt and shorts. I set off with an unloaded bike to tackle Gainsberg 1265m the mountain looming over our campground. It was a very long climb as the road twisted and turned, but when I finally made it to the top the sun was setting and alps in the distant were like nothing I have ever seen. Unfortunatly I couldn't stay long as the discent in a sweat soaked tee shirt was unbelievably cold. Lucky the adrenalin from speeding down the mountain at a cracking pace kept me warm.

1 comment:

  1. Hey lovelies looks like your trip has turned into an absolute cracker... big news this end is that I decided Vancouver was not the city for me and am about to embark on a cheeky euro mission... sooo I notice you will be in paris yes??? and when might that be??? flick me an email and we can see if maybe by some lovely twist of fate I shall be in town (I have family in Paris and thus will be based there for Oct in between a cheeky london trip)... where are you gonna stay?? because I may be able to tee something up... flick me an email and we can try and sort a plan... much luv nico x

    ReplyDelete