Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lost in the Forest

On our last day of riding in Czech republic we got hopelessly lost in the forest. After riding through countless muddy overgrown tracks for 30 km a local with a Forest map saved us. He let us follow him out of the forest as he drove through the middle of grassy fields in his beat up hatch back.
When we got back on track after a 3 hour adventure we crossed the boarder at Dolni Dvoriste in to Austria. There was a cycling route that we followed that took us on the most round about way through more fields and windy forest paths. We came across small stream that had a plank of mossy wood as a bridge. Miriam slipped while pushing her bike across and fell in bike and all.
Muddy cold and wet we made it to our first Austrian town Leopoldschlag Markt. We stayed in a converted farm house soaking up the luxury of a hot shower.

4 comments:

  1. Czech Republic, Austria, quite nice. But what about Germany?

    I have started writing my blog now - Each a week one day of my trip :)

    Gute Reise!
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Petra,

    We are on our way and should be in Germany tommorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I did not see your comment :( . If you like, have a look at my new blog. Our encounter is soon to come - I am very slow with writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Marcus and Miriam,

    I cannot find a way of posting a private message.

    Could you please contact me via my blog? I started wrote some lines about you plus two pics. It is not yet very public and I would like to ask for your permission in hindsight ... would delete it if you did not like it.

    Best wishes and happy trails - Petra

    ReplyDelete